Ayurveda, the science of life believes that Skin health depends on Koshta(digestion). A clean digestive tract will keep skin healthy. Therefore diet plays an important role for clear and healthy skin.
As per ayurveda, Tikta rasa(Bitter tasting food products), helps in blood purification and also cleansing the skin. Vata-Kapha dietary balance improves blood purification(Raktashudhi) that enables the skin to get rid of dryness as well as excessive oilyness.
Drink plenty of water to keep one hydrated.
Some Skin friendly food-
- Carrots, Apricots and other yellow and orange fruits and vegetables
- Spinach(palak), methi and other green leafy vegetables
- Beans, Lentils and peas
- Salmon, mackerel and other fatty fish.
- Low fat dairy products.
- Whole unpolished grains
Some foods to be avoided for people suffering from skin diseases
- Excessive oily and deep fried food for those who suffer from acne or excessive oily skin.
- Dahi(yoghurt) and sour food items for those suffering from psoriasis, eczema, etc
- Spicy food and breads for those suffering from herpes, pustule, fissures(crack) in skin etc
Anti oxidant rich and fibrous food products are always a good choice to opt for those who wish to have clear and soft skin.